Using the Library
Any person who lives, works, attends school, or pays taxes in Mendham Township may request a library card according to policies set by the Board. The Library is part of the Morris County system (MAIN) and, as such, all cardholders have limited privileges with all other M.A.I.N. affiliates. The library affords these same privileges to other M.A.I.N. members. You must be at least 5-years-old to get a library card.
Library cards are available at the Circulation Desk. To obtain a new card you must have a form of identification with your current address.
Individuals under the age of 18 years old must come in with a parent or guardian.
If you lose your card, there is a $1.00 replacement fee.
Books, audio books, playaways, DVDs, magazines, and video games owned by the library may be borrowed for the following periods:
- Fiction & Non-Fiction Books – 4 weeks
- New Fiction & New Non-Fiction Books – 2 weeks
- Audiobooks – 2 weeks
- New Feature (Fiction) DVDs – 2 days
- Instructional (Nonfiction) DVDs – no charge – 1 week
- Older DVDs – 1 week,
- Magazines (current issue) – overnight
- Magazines (back issues) – 1 week
- Video Games (Wii, Xbox, Playstation 2) – 1 week
- Kindles – 2 weeks (Must be returned to Mendham Township Library)
Books and audio books may be returned to any MAIN library.
An overdue fine starts with the first day after the due date and is counted for every day the library is open.
- Video games – $1.00 for each day it is late.
- Overdue books, audio books, and back issue magazines – 15 cents per day.
- Overdue current magazines and DVDs – $1.00 per day.
- Replacement library cards – $1.00 per card.
- Kindles – $2.00 per day (Replacement cost if lost or damaged $300.00)
All library patrons will automatically have access to auto-renewal.
Items that are checked out will automatically be renewed if eligible.
An item will be automatically renewed as long as:
1. You have renewals left for that item.
2. Another patron isn’t waiting for the item.
3. You have a valid library card in good standing.
* Digital materials such as ebooks are not auto-renewed.
When a book or other library material is lost or damaged beyond repair you will be charged the replacement cost according to the unit price schedule. Replacement copies purchased by you will not be accepted unless first OK’d by a library staff member.
A receipt will be given to you for the lost material. If the item is found after payment has been made, you may keep the item. The Library has a no-refund policy.
The Mendham Township Library offers free, Internet access.
The Library has seven computers available for public use. Six of them have access to the internet and online databases.
Free wireless Internet access for your notebook, laptop, or PDA is available throughout the library whenever the library is open. Wireless users must comply with the library’s Internet Policy.
Printing and copying available for a fee, 15 cents black & white, 25 cents color.
Legal size – 20 cents black & white, 25 cents colors.